23 February 2011

big wheels keep on turning.

I know, it has been a few days since my last post.  Things continue to be busy, but nothing new to be busy for anyone these days.  Heck, I can't believe it is almost March, but nothing new that time is flying by either.  Things always seem to be even more exhausting when the whole heart is involved.  I guess everyone needs a chance to rejuvinate, clear the mind, and to sigh a good sigh, so the task at hand can be seen a little more clearly. And I needed to dedicate some much needed time for what is most important to me, which is my greatest accomplishment, my son.   

As I continue on this journey I committed myself to back on that fateful day in July when I wrote my very first post titled "poking inspiration with a stick," I couldn't be happier with where the journey has taken me and where it continues to go.  There are so many opportunities for Windom to progress, grow and thrive that sometimes I feel overwhelmed at times, which is a good feeling. 

Here is just one opportunity that can help our community continue to progress, grow and thrive: Minnesota Intelligent Rural Communities (MIRC).

Yesterday, BARC/WECC, along with MN Intelligent Rural Communities (MIRC), which has been brought to you by your tax dollars, hosted a class titled "Intro to Doing Business on the Internet," for local businesses owners/managers/employees to attend for free.  It was a great turnout, but there was plenty of room for more.  As the MIRC Local Coordinator, I can't express how important it is for our local businesses to invest their time into these extremely useful classes.  These classes are an opportunity for local businesses to learn how to not only get online, but maintain a useful and efficient website, and also use social networking to reach out to new and existing customers and improve business.

For some people the idea of doing business on the interent can be scary, but this is a FREE opportunity to become familiar with the interent and obtain resources to do business on the internet.  In the year 2011, it is extremely important for ALL businesses to be online because, let's face it, if you aren't online, you don't exist--an even scarier thought for business owners, I'm sure.

There are more FREE classes that will be offered through MIRC at the BARC/WECC.  The next available class titled "Doing Business on the Internet" will be Thursday, March 10th from 6-9pm.  Call the BARC at 507-831-2375 or email barc.ed@windomnet.com to sign up. 

For additional information on ways MIRC can help Windom businesses, feel free to contact me at findingwindom@hotmail.com  We need to use this program while we have it--the internet is a very useful tool to keep our rural community and businesses thriving!

No comments:

Post a Comment