17 May 2011

sounds silly, but true.

Community Pride Day is quickly approaching!  I'm looking forward to it.

I can't express how important it is for our community to promote business and opportunity to our future, our students.  This is why I couldn't be more excited about Community Pride Day. We need to throw away this idea that our students have to leave our wonderful city in order to be successful.  And when these students do decide to stay in Windom or come back to Windom, we must embrace them, not question their decisions.

Here is an article someone shared with me, and I want to share it with you.  It sounds a lot like the purpose of Community Pride Day.  Pretty cool if you ask me. 

http://www.nujournal.com/page/content.detail/id/524093/Connecting-Nicollet-County-graduates-first-class.html?nav=5009

No comments:

Post a Comment