25 October 2011

day 4.

I can't even begin to tell you how exhausted I am right now, and my head is swimming with business to-dos.  To be expected as a new business owner I guess, but I wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about you, the blog, Finding Windom or my quest to make this town even better than it already is. 

I was asked to be on the Chamber board, which would have been a lot of fun and another part of this journey of finding windom, but I just can't take on another project right now.  I wish they would have asked last year...heh.  Something to look forward to in the future I guess...

I'm sitting here in the dark, quiet shadows of what is left from day 4 of River City Eatery.  I didn't realize just how much the freezer buzzes until now.  A sweet sound I must say when one gets the chance to sit for a second and realize all her dreams have become such an unexpected and wonderful reality right here in downtown Windom.  It's also I chance to remind myself how lucky I am to be surrounded by family and friends who believe in this as much as I do...I wouldn't be this far without them.  I don't know what I did to deserve such wonderful people in my life.

Henrik has also taken a liking to the place, I think mostly because there's food--he ate 5 popovers last night, they just fit so perfectly in his tiny hands.  He helps us clean up when the supper rush slows.  I hope he is as eager to help when he gets older...

Thanks for listening,

No comments:

Post a Comment