15 November 2011

just another day.

Let me just tell you it is 2am, and I'm sitting in the office of the eatery finally sitting down for the night.  I'm still trying to get used to juggling business, family, time, finding windom, me, and well, business again.  I can't even begin to describe how wonderfully tired I am from River City Eatery.  It feels good to be exhausted from doing what I love all day--I'm just hoping that soon I will be able to balance the other very important joys in my life, like little Mr. Henrik.  He has been so patient with me, but his growing older is anything but patient. He is something else, I tell you, what a gift I have been given. 

Today I had the opportunity to speak with the senior economics class about business--it felt good to step out of the cave of River City Eatery for a bit to chat, well, about the Eatery.  I'm hoping at least one of them got something out of the discussion--I had fun anyway.  I've also been helping two seniors with their Eagle Achievement projects, and I'm very much enjoying it.  I got to put my English degree to work this afternoon helping these students outline their big research papers (part one of the Eagle Achievement project).  One is focusing on small businesses in rural communities and the other is focusing on teen volunteering--right up my alley.  My, we have some very talented youth in our community!

Well, I think I'm going to head two blocks north to my cozy bed and get a few short hours of sleep before I return to the smell of fresh brewing coffee, ready to start another day in beautiful downtown Windom...

No comments:

Post a Comment