03 August 2011

this wall talks.

Sometimes you just have to listen in order to find something wonderful.  During the remodeling process of River City Eatery we found this beautiful brick wall under plaster.  As my handy father was trying to patch plaster after pulling off numerous sheets of unwanted paneling attached by huge square nails (you can imagine the holes those nails made in plaster!), the plaster was literally falling off the wall in a some spots.  Naturally I was curious, so I kept chipping away at the plaster and the next thing I know, I had a 4'x4' section of this perfect brick staring at me, begging to be revealed.  So during a stormy night until about midnight, with a hammer drill, a chisel, and the help of dad and some extremely generous friends, this amazing wall was freed from the blanket of plaster that covered it for way too many years.

Cheers to this wall my friends-what a fun surprise! And believe me, in the world of remodeling, not many surprises are good surprises.

1 comment:

  1. Looks AWESOME!!! I am soo excited! I cant wait for it to open! :)

    ReplyDelete