16 August 2010

flower power.

It couldn't have been a better day to take a fat stack of Finding Windom cards in my right hand and lets say more than a couple dozen bright, beautiful carnations nestled in my left arm to complete a Finding Windom mission.  Today after work I took a stroll downtown to deliver a flower, a smile, and a thank you to local businesses for being, well, a business in Windom.  I guess I was hoping to spread the word about Finding Windom as well.  Some people looked at me as if I was absolutely crazy and I don't blame them, I probably did, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear some people had heard about it already and some where very intrigued by the gesture and blog itself.  I would have to say it was rather fun saying hello to all the businesses.  I look forward to working with you!

She asked for no publicity, but it has to be done; it was just so awesome of her. This mission today was possible with the generous carnation donation provided by the Hillside Greenhouse.  Those thoughtful little donations are something really big in my Finding Windom world.  Thanks Erin!

Finding Windom's short update with no poetic words what so ever:
**Tomorrow I will be meeting with the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
**We have found the first business willing to step up to the plate and see what Finding Windom has to offer.  We look forward to working with you!  Keep reading for more details about the business and what we are doing to make our community a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment