01 August 2010

tossing and turning.

I was going to write about an experience I had yesterday in downtown Windom, but I think I'm going to save it for another time.  It's a great thing that Windom has offered such excitement for me to write about in the last week and a half, but to be completely honest, I'm exhusted.  I'm exhausted from all these thoughts and ideas bursting at the seams of my mind.  I'm exhausted from trying to figure out how these thoughts and ideas will come to life, if some of these ideas are possible and if anyone is willing to get their hands dirty with me.  It has only been a little over a week and I've lost sleep, tossing and turning with a head full of dreams.  I'm dreaming with my eyes wide open.  Aren't you suppose to dream with them shut? 

I think I've been circling the "Finding Windom" airport for some time now, and I'm ready to bring this plane in.  So, tomorrow I'll be downtown enjoying the annual ice cream social, nite to unite, get on the bus fundraiser and student auction all held on the square.  I hope to see all of you there.  I'll be there spreading the word, finding more followers, and most important, finding people willing to offer their elbow grease.  My next course of action will be to host a get together for all interested in helping find Windom.  Watch for it.  I need you.  Windom needs you.  Our community needs you more than ever to find a sense of pride and to clean up our city.  I'm asking my readers to keep the enthusiasm alive, keep talking and keep reading.  I can't do this by myself (and those words don't leave my lips often).  I seem to be getting a positive vibe from my fellow community members about my journey, we all seem to agree Windom needs a face lift, but now we need to walk the talk.  I'm ready.  Are you?  I'm ready more than ever.  Help me get some sleep!  Watch for an upcoming date to meet, trade ideas and hopes, and finally FIND WINDOM. 

Happy times,

1 comment:

  1. Mari: I came across your $.02 page via Facebook. I think your writing is wonderful and your vision for what Windom could be is spot-on. I've always felt that Windom was a diamond in the rough. Best wishes with your endeavors. Your opinion matters. I sincerely hope you can gather enough of a grass roots following to work toward a better community!

    ReplyDelete