12 August 2010

making waves.

NEWS ALERT!!!  Tomorrow at 10:10am everyone's radio's must be tuned into 94.3 FM (if you get it), good 'ol KDOM.  Finding Windom will be featured!  I recorded an interview with Dirk today and it will be played on KDOM on Friday, August 13th at 10:10am.  No other words to say than a generic HOLY CRAP! Finding Windom is making waves on the airwaves.
And speaking of making waves, tonight I met with an amazing organization called the Women of Today.  They were officially the first organized group I've met with to promote Finding Windom, and it couldn't have gone any better.  I was just expecting to give a little pep talk, get some support and build awareness of Finding Windom and its cause, but instead--a whole two hours later--I walked out the door with a little pep in my step.  This was Finding Windom in its element. This is why I wanted to start this project.  I wanted to bring people together, get them excited about working together to make this community what it has the potential to be.  Ideas were flying, minds were working together and thinking alike, it got loud in that room!  You know, I'm always hoping that people will understand where I am coming from just a teeny-tiny bit, but this was spectacular, beyond anything my little mind could imagine actually happening. You know how you get these ideas about things, a vision of what things could be like, well this was it, exactly it.  We have hit the ground running, the Women of Today are supporting Finding Windom, and it is a good feeling. 

I would like to personally thank the Women of Today for taking the time to listen and for your efforts to help Finding Windom.  They have offered to help Finding Windom start a website--a real website of our very own.  I look forward to working with the Women of Today and keep doing what you do best, making this community that much better. 

For those of you who don't know: Women of Today is a non profit, community service organization helping our community when and where they can.  In fact, they have been involved in many community activities. They are currently promoting the charming child and precious pet photo contest.  Voting will take place at the Cottonwood County Fair. The Women of Today are always looking for generous people to become a member of their team and its easy to become a member.  There are no requirments (they'll even consider men) and there is a $35 membership fee.  They meet every 2nd Thursday of the month, and I'm telling you, there was food--good food.  They meet at either someone's house or at a local establishment.  Just show up or get more info from a current member.  The next meeting will be held at the Eagles Club on the nice outdoor patio on Thursday, September 9th at 7pm.  I encourage ambitious women to join because, well, what an awesome group!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for Windom, having such a great ambassador as Mari. Thank's for being different! And Thinking outside the box!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news!
    Would it be possible for interview to be posted as an .mp3 or .mp3 download for those of us outside of the KDOM area?

    ReplyDelete